Tackling Youth Unemployment in Europe
a Catholic Church’s Perspective
Evening debate – Tuesday 6 December 2016, 18.30
Organised by Don Bosco International and COMECE
Venue: COMECE Secretariat, 19, Square de Meeûs, B-1050 Brussels
In October, the European Commission presented a first evaluation of its measures aimed at reducing youth unemployment. The communication acknowledged that the Youth Guarantee and the Employment Initiative contributed to the decrease of youth unemployment since 2013.
In a joint evening debate of Don Bosco International and COMECE, Ivàn Toscano from the National Don Bosco Association for VET Centres will present his practical experiences in the implementation of both instruments in Italy. In the subsequent panel debate, he will discuss with representatives of the EU institutions and the European Youth Forum on next steps to address long-term unemployment among the young and the role of vocational training and education.
- Iván Toscano, expert on international cooperation of the National Don Bosco Assocation for Vocational Education and Training Centres (CNOS-FAP)
Panel debate with:
- Brando Benifei (S&D), Member of the European Parliament und Co-Chair of the Youth Intergroup
- Helen Hoffmann, Unit VET, apprenticeship & adult education, DG EMPL, European Commission
- Tinkara Oblak, Board Member of the European Youth Forum
- Iván Toscano, CNOS-FAP
- Moderator: Elżbieta Jakubek
The event will be followed by cocktail reception. Conference language is English.
Please register here: