Join the ESA webinar on “The right to disconnect and the need for a European weekly common day of rest”
The Commission of the Bishops’ Conference of the European Union (COMECE) is pleased to invite you to the webinar “The right to disconnect and the need for a European weekly common day of rest”, to be held by the European Sunday Alliance on Tuesday 1st June 2021, from 1:00 to 2:00 pm (CEST). Registration is open until 28 May 2021. Click here to register
This webinar follows-up from our recent activities on the Right to Disconnect and aims to raise awareness on the need to establish at the EU level a weekly common day of rest for all EU citizens.
It will involve key EU stakeholders, including:
- Max Uebe, Head of Unit ‘Employment Strategy’ at the European Commission;
- MEP Alex Agius Saliba(S&D, Malta), rapporteur of the European Parliament’s recent Resolution on “the right to disconnect”;
- MEP Dennis Radtke(EPP, Germany), sponsor of the European Sunday Alliance;
- MEP Miriam Lexmann (EPP, Slovakia), member of the European Parliament Intergroup on family-work balance;
- and MEP Patrizia Toia (S&D, Italy), Co-Chair of the European Parliament Intergroup on social economy.
The event of the European Sunday Alliance will be moderated by Hendrik Meerkamp from the European Confederation of Independent Trade Unions (CESI).
COMECE is a founding member of the European Sunday Alliance, a broad network of more than 100 national Sunday alliances, trade unions, employers' organizations, civil society organzsations, Churches and religious communities working to raise awareness of the unique value of synchronized free time for our European societies.
For more info, please contact the COMECE Policy Adviser, Alix de Wasseige.
“The right to disconnect & the need for a European weekly common day of rest”
Tuesday 1st June 2021 (13.00 – 14.00 CEST), via ZOOM