a Christian Contribution to the Future of the European Union
COMECE and the Holye See will organise a Congress at the Vatican on 27-29 October 2017 on the occasion of the 60th anniversary of the Rome Treaties.
At a time of uncertainty as to the future path of the European Union, COMECE is willing to offer an opportunity for dialogue and joint reflection between Bishops and high-level political representatives, together with Pope Francis, with other Church actors.
- What are the challenges today for the European Union?
- What do we want to achieve together?
- What are the needs of our populations ?
- What common reference at the heart of the European construction?
- How can catholic thinking contribute to a positive future?
COMECE Congress is also seen as a clear sign of the strong commitment of the Catholic Church in finding new opportunities and new ways to live together on the continent.
The national delegations, which will constitute the majority of the 350 Congress participants, will include high-level political representatives, members of Catholic lay movements, religious orders and youth.
Attendance on personal invitation only.