The video recording of the COMECE-FAFCE conference “The European Care Strategy: Responding to challenges faced by women in times of (post-)pandemic?” is now available online on the COMEC YouTube channel.
Echoing the EU institutions’ assessment on the COVID-19 pandemic impact on women, COMECE and FAFCE organised this conference to learn from the concrete experience of women and to initiate positive changes for the post-pandemic recovery. Participants reflected on the poverty situation women face as a result of job insecurity and the motherhood pay gap.
The conference was held on Wednesday 30 November 2022 also providing an opportunity to exchange on women’s important role as care and essential workers, as well as the way the European Care Strategy supports them.
Among the speakers:
- Nicolas Schmit, EU Commissioner for Jobs and Social Rights (video contribution);
- Dana Bachmann, Head of Unit of the Directorate-General on Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion;
- Dolores Sanchez, from the Dicastery for Promoting Integral Human Development;
- Dobrochna Bach-Golecka, professor of European Law at the University of Warsaw;
- Margarita De la Pisa, MEP, European Parliament’s Employment Committee;
- Shannon Pfohman, Advocacy Director of Caritas Europa.