COMECE and FAFCE invite you to participate in the conference “The European Care Strategy: Responding to challenges faced by women in times of (post-)pandemic?” to be held on Wednesday 30 November 2022 from 10:00 to 11:30 (CET) at the COMECE Secretariat in Brussels. Registration | Programme
Echoing the EU institutions’ assessment on the COVID-19 pandemic impact on women, COMECE and FAFCE organise this conference to learn from the concrete experience of women and to initiate positive changes for the post-pandemic recovery.
Participants will be able to reflect on the poverty situation women face as a result of job insecurity and motherhood pay gap. The conference will also be an opportunity to exchange on women’s important role as care and essential workers and the way the European Care Strategy supports them.
Among the speakers:
- Nicolas Schmit, EU Commissioner for Jobs and Social Rights (video contribution);
- Dana Bachmann, Head of Unit of the Directorate-General on Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion;
- Dolores Sanchez, from the Dicastery for Promoting Integral Human Development;
- Dobrochna Bach-Golecka, professor of European Law at the University of Warsaw.
- MEP Margarita De la Pisa (ECR, ES), European Parliament’s Employment Committee
- Shannon Pfohman, Advocacy Director of Caritas Europa
The conference will take place at the Secretariat of COMECE – Square de Meeûs 19, Brussels – on Wednesday 30 November 2022 from 10:00 to 11:30 (CET). The language of the conference is English. Registration open until 28 November.