The European Laudato Si’ Alliance (ELSiA) is pleased to invite you to the 5th Laudato Si’ Reflection Day to be held online on Tuesday 17 May 2022 from 9:30 to 12:30 and from 14:00 to 18:00. The theme of this year’s gathering is “Two Generations, One Journey”. Register here
The event will be an occasion to have an intergenerational dialogue around environmental movements of yesterday and today and to comment on some critical passages from Laudato Si’. Furthermore, participants will also explore issues of sustainable food production vs fast food, sustainable fashion vs fast fashion, and protection of Creation and biodiversity, while listening and interacting with experts and young people leading the change.
Finally, participants will explore if and how anyone can make bold choices to protect Creation and contribute to create sustainable living conditions for future generations.
Confirmed speakers include:
- H. Em. Cardinal Jean-Claude Hollerich SJ, President of COMECE and Honorary President of ELSiA;
- Monika Skadborg, European Climate Pact Ambassador in Denmark;
- Prof. Dr Ernst Ulrich von Weizsäcker, former Chairman of the Bundestag and Honorary President of the Club of Rome;
- Anne Tran, Parliamentary intern of the CBCEW;
- Marta Messa, Director of Slow Food Europe;
- Pascalis Loucaides, UK manager of Too Good to Go;
- Angelo Salsi, Head of Department CINEA.D Natural resources, climate, sustainable blue economy and clean energy;
- Amy Woolam Echeverria, International Coordinator for Justice, Peace, and Integrity of Creation and Co-Coordinator Ecology Taskforce, Vatican Covid-19 Commission;
- Ciaran Foulds, theologian and activist.
The meeting will take place via Zoom, on Tuesday May 17, 2022 from 9:30 to 12:15 and from 14:00 to 18.00 (CEST). The language of the meeting will be English. This is a free event and you can register here.